The New Springtime

El Indigente was a simple diocese basking in the new springtime of the Church following the Second Vatican Council. The Vatican sent the diocese two liturgical experts to update the liturgy yet again for the 60th anniversary of the Novus Ordo Missae. The diocese would never be the same again.

Name:
Location: Jacksonville, FL

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

TNS Approbations

TNS approbations

Approbations: mostly from angelqueen.org, except where noted.

“OUTSTANDING, JDobbs !!” - Selous

“Great! Hilarious!” - Former ECUSA now Catholic

“Your writing is quite good. I see a perfect picture in my mind when you write.” - The Doctor

“I LOVE this book!” - sacrumconvivium

“All I know, Dobbs, is that if I attempted a parody of the current situation in 'new church', it would not come out as good as your effort.” - sevry

“I thought that satire was supposed to be exaggerated. Sadly, this isn't too far off from ‘liturgies’ I've actually seen. Nice work. You've got me on the edge of my pew for the next installment, as always.” - etcumspirit220

“You have captured in words what I have always pictured "the spirit of Vatican II" to look like. Great job!” - latinmass

“Beautiful chapter ... I have to admit, it made my heart pound a little, too.” - TradCathYouth

“Let me just say that while your comedic chapters are hilarious, your sober writing is quite moving. … It should be an underground book, one shared by Catholics all over with some nifty Jack Chick like cover. To paraphrase Stan Lee, ‘Make Mine Springtime!’” - Ferrer

“Wow! what a great story! It should be published !” - Braveheart

“What is the judge of a good book? I don’t know. For me it is did the book hold my interest. I have started to read many books that I don’t get much past the first chapter. Your book held my interest and I read it all the way through.” - Crusader

“Very well done and certainly applies to these times. Unfortunately.” - Marybonita

“It’s a fun read” - Anthony Gonzalez on stjosephsmen.org

"I finally read the New Springtime, Jeremy, and I just have this to say: Damn, it's funny" - Sean Conner

“I've read your book. I've liked it very much. It's incredibly funny at times. There are so many things that made me laugh. … Angelica is such a moving character. I liked bishop Sugarloaf too. The last scenes made my think of St. Jerome's dream.” - Bruno on Patrick Madrid’s Envoy Magazine Blog

"I finally got a chance to look at THE NEW SPRINGTIME. It is quite funny. As a man who detests smarmy Alan Alda, I found certain moments delicious... I do not think much of anything could be more offensive than what is going on in reality in most 'Catholic churches' today since the unleashing of the novus ordo mass.

The real problem with attempting any kind of comedy today is the world keeps outrunning the wildest imagination of the creative artists. Waugh used to say that he did not write satire, as satire demanded a stable and coherent social order that could grasp the extensions of comic presentation for corrective purposes. We live after the age of Absurdist Comedy which seems pretty tame compared to anything going on in the morning paper. Today's world makes the Marx Brothers look like relics from the Age of Reason.

In any case, thanks for some good laughs. We need them these days!" - Dr. David Allen White

“I'm not sure whether to classify this one as ‘disgruntled and misinformed’ or ‘just plain stupid.’” - Anonymous on liberal priest Joseph S. O’Leary’s blog

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home